It’s no secret that Facebook has proven its worth to businesses. Although it’s originally created to connect friends, Facebook has been helping businesses reach their target audiences and hit their marketing and sales goals. In fact, a significant rise in ad revenue was recorded from a 49% year-on-year growth to about $10.14 billion, which only means that there’s a significant appeal to businesses.
Today, not exploring the power of Facebook to capture leads is almost synonymous with missing huge marketing and sales opportunities. The social media platform offers a variety of ad formats to meet goals such as building brand awareness and increasing sales. Lead ads, video ads, page post engagement, carousel ads, and link click ads are just a few examples that can help people discover businesses on Facebook.
Businesses or marketers, to be specific, can also create their own business page on Facebook to connect with users. As of December 31, 2017, Facebook already has 2.13 billion monthly active users worldwide, which translates to more chances of reaching the right audience.
In this post, let’s make sense of the statistics to deeply understand how Facebook can be used as a lead generation machine.
Facebook has a wide audience for different markets.
- 13 billion monthly active users as of December 31, 2017. (Facebook)
- 4 billion daily active users on average for December 31, 2017. (Facebook)
- Facebook’s Q4 2017 results showed that 185 million daily active users in US and Canada, 499 million monthly active users in Asia-Pacific, and 277 monthly active users in Europe.
- 65% of teens said they used Facebook daily according to a UBS Evidence Lab survey in November 2016.
- 87% of U.S. online adults age 18-29 use Facebook, while 63% of U.S. online adults aged 50-64 are also active on Facebook. (Statista)
Facebook brings high engagement to businesses and brands.
- 32% of Facebook users engage with brands regularly. (Selfstartr)
- Over 2.5 billion comments are posted on Facebook Pages. (Forbes)
- 50% of Facebook users access it more than once a day. (Invesp)
- In the first 5 hours, post engagement rate on Facebook is 75%. (Invesp)
- Facebook posts with less than 250 characters receive 60% more engagement. (Invesp)
- 87% of a Facebook Page's engagement happens on photo posts. (Invesp)
- Posts with photos have 179% more engagement than other posts. (Adespresso)
Facebook ads are taking the digital landscape by storm with excellent performance.
- Facebook mobile ads are 9.1 times higher click-through rates, while Facebook desktop ads are 8.1 times higher than general web ads. (Marketing Land)
- Ads with a score of 8 have a 77% higher CTR, while ads with a score of 10 have a 158% higher CTR than those with a score of 3. (Adespresso)
- Carousel ads perform 10 times better than regular Facebook ads. (Digiday)
- Facebook is being used for advertising by 92% of social marketers. (Invesp)
- Images are responsible for 75% to 90% of an ad’s performance on Facebook. (Customer Acquisition)
Businesses are using Facebook to meet their targets.
- Over 5 million businesses are advertising on Facebook. (Business Insider)
- 93% of marketers use Facebook ads. (Sprout Social)
- 78% of marketers are satisfied with their Facebook ads. (Contently)
- 56% of B2C marketers said that Facebook ads helped them generate revenue. (MarketingProfs)
- Across all industries, the average click-through rate (CTR) in Facebook ads is .90%. (Wordstream)
- 26% of Facebook users that clicked on ads reported making purchases. (Spark Central)
Businesses can reach both desktop and mobile users on Facebook.
- Facebook's ad revenue is predicted to reach 42.39 billion U.S. dollars by 2019, up from 3.15 billion U.S. dollars in 2013. (Statista)
- 89% of Facebook’s ad revenue comes from mobile ads. (PR Newswire)
- Facebook estimated that 75% of total mobile data traffic by 2020 would be from mobile (Facebook)
While Facebook can help boost lead generation campaigns, it is wise to follow the best practices and correct common misconceptions about Facebook ads to avoid wasting your budget.
If you think you do not have the proper knowledge and expertise to run a Facebook lead generation campaign, then it’s best to hire a digital marketing agency to carry it out for you to guarantee better results.